How Does Invisalign Work?
- Wear each set of clear plastic aligners for about two-three weeks
- Remove ONLY to eat, drink, brush and floss
- Must be compliant with wear regimen
- Your teeth will move gradually each week
- Visit us every 6-10 weeks
- Average number of Aligners is between 15 and 35
- Total treatment time averages 12-24 months — similar to braces
- Wear regimen. You must wear your aligners for up to 22 hours daily. You may remove them for eating, drinking and regular oral hygiene.
- No food restriction. Unlike braces, you may eat whatever you like as long as you remove the aligners before eating. Prior to placing the aligners back on, it is important to brush your teeth and the aligners after you eat.
- No Speech problem. Like any orthodontic treatment, there is a short adjustment period. The more you speak with the aligners on, the quicker you will adjust.
- Discomfort. There will be some pressure and minor discomfort for a day or two after each initial insertion. This is a sign that your teeth are moving sequentially into their final position.
- Smoking. We discourage smoking with aligners as the cigarette smoke will tend to discolor them.
- Maintain the trays. Brushing them with toothpaste will keep them fresh and clean.
- Appointment interval. Regular office visits are every five to six weeks to ensure that your Invisalign treatment is progressing as planned.
- Retainers. You will be given a set of retainers just like the clear aligners. Retainers are to be worn at night indefinitely. This will ensure a healthy bite and maintain the new position of your teeth.
- Length of treatment. Treatment time varies depending on the severity of the misaligned teeth. Treatment time ranges between six and 18 months.
Contact our office for further details!